Last year, I started this blog
And the very next day, you started visiting me
This year, there's a lot more to come
Since you all are so very special!
Happy first b'day to An Indian Summer!
* Well, it did all begin this day last year. A lot, a Whole Lot has happened since then....this blog and YOU have changed my life in more ways than one! Thankfully, all for the good! You ask me how? Even if you don't ask, I will take you through a quick retrospective, along with some of my favorite images from one year's worth of posts....
* As I started writing about design and decor, I realized how passionate I am about this, and how much I enjoyed writing about design and sharing & 'talking' with you. Your comments, feedback, suggestions and immense love made, and still totally makes my day! So much so, that earlier this year, I decided to change my career track when at its peak, and took the jump (gulp!) to focus solely on my blog and the bazaar. As of today (yes, on my blog's bday!) I made the choice of becoming an independent consultant that will allow me to divide my time between doing some good for corporate training, and some good for the world of design :)
* My vocabulary increased to include a new word: e-friend! Starting from Maryam who was the first non family/friend to leave a comment on my blog, to Kim and Jo who first featured An Indian Summer on their fab blog, to Linda whose emails never fail to cheer me up, to Vini of the prolific comments fame, to Katie who got me hooked to her blog through her kitchen reno, to Maddie, Gillian and Tara who reveal new meaning each day through their beautiful writing, to Stan and Kus, talent extraordinaire' Design Asia partners, to Joanna, Erinn, Helena, Brownyn, Melissa, Arch, Pam whose posts never fail to inspire me, to all my amazingly talented blogger friends who have appreciated An Indian Summer and given it a place on their fabulous blogs, and, to all the generous and loving readers who leave little notes for me...even when I am away from my blog! I am sure I have missed mentioning a lot of other efriends.... just open up the comments section or the blogs listed on the left...you'll find them there!
* I am still recuperating from the emotions expressed in the last two retrospectives! Give me a moment before I speak again..
* I realized how well I sing...on my blog that is! I have so much fun writing posts around a song, or finding songs fit to a post! I am planning to hone this skill further, so watch out for more singing posts! I will also be open to requests! ;-)
* When you write a blog, there is always this question of how open and personal you can be or should be. Well, I started with stating my name clear and upfront (yup, that's my real name). I didn't realize one interesting consequence of that. Now when I google my name, God knows what random part of a post (or a song, as is most likely in my case!) will get thrown up beneath my name! Good fun most of the times! But, I thoroughly enjoyed sharing important moments of my life in the last year with you...my travel and vacations, my best-half rechristened as Mr. Shaking Head, my sister's wedding and my home and festivities!
* Of course, cats and cute babies found a way into this design blog too!
* And, the first year of my blog also brought about my first entrepreneurial venture: An Indian Summer Bazaar! Starting and running the bazaar brought about such roller coaster of emotions and mental & physical labor, that I almost went back to my 'safe' strategy and management corporate work! But boy, did I enjoy the adrenaline rush! It was so much fun!
I know you are wondering when am I launching the next bazaar? Well, given that I also have this Independent learning consultant thingie to work upon, I have decided to launch the next bazaar just in time for Diwali and Christmas. I will continue to help you with your personal shopping requests from India in the meantime.
Phew! Hope I gave you enough reading material to last you the weekend? ;-)
Before I leave you for the weekend, couple of things...
~ THANK YOU ! For everything. Keep visiting me and writing to me
~ Enjoy your weekend! We will meet again on Monday with a brand new sponsor for An Indian Summer!